FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Griffith Holdings, Inc., Finalist for the Sixth Annual Medina County Business Awards
On October 1, 2009, Griffith Holdings, Inc. was notified that they were selected as a finalist in the category of Small Business Enterprise for the 2009 Medina County Business Awards.
The focus of the Medina County Business Awards is to recognize businesses located throughout the fastest growing county in Ohio, Medina County, who has achieved significant results in terms of innovation, and long term commitment to sound business practices in operation, management, and sustainability. Peers within the Medina County business community have made these nominations and finalist selections.
"All 99 highly-qualified nominees were deserving of this recognition; however, the field was narrowed to a maximum of three in each category," said Sandy Neuman, Executive Director, Medina County Economic Development Committee. The finalist judging panel consisting of former Medina County Commissioners Ralph Berry and Charles E. "Chuck" Hawley along with Medina County resident Brian Tucker, Publisher & Editorial Director of Crain's Cleveland Business has accepted the difficult task of determining the award recipients.
The award recipients will be announced at the Sixth Annual MCBA event Thursday, October 22, 2009 at the Blair Center in Westfield Center. The business awards will be held in conjunction with the Medina County Economic Development Corporation's Eleventh Annual Autumn Speaker Series featuring this year's keynote speaker, Fred M. DeGrandis, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cleveland Clinic Regional Hospitals. [full article]
2009 Medina County Business Awards Finalists are...
Wellman Products Group/Friction Products Co.
Plum Creek Assisted Living
CORPORATE CITIZEN OF THE YEAR-COMPANY:
Homestead Insurance Agency, Inc.
Stop n' Go of Medina
World Truck Towing & Recovery, Inc.
CORPORATE CITIZEN OF THE YEAR-INDIVIDUAL:
Lori Betz, GTB Medical Services
Jon Park, Westfield Bank
Thomas Whelan, Akron General Lodi Community Hospital
ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR:
Foundations Children's Products
SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISE:
Griffith Holdings, Inc.
VEXOR Technology, Inc.
Justice & Company
SUSTAINED BUSINESS GROWTH:
Clinical Research Management
EBO Group, Inc.
Sandridge Food Corporation
About Medina County Economic Development Corporation
The mission of the Medina County Economic Development Corporation to enhance the quality of life in the county through economic development. The Medina County Economic Development Corporation provides professional, comprehensive assistance to a wide variety of economic development clients. MCEDC's capabilities and services range from:
- Facilities and site selection database
- Assistance with business expansion and relocation
- Tax abatement information and assistance
- Facilitate regional and state loans and programs
- Workforce and training development, data and resources
- Transportation infrastructure and shipping resources information
- Liaison with major utilities
- Market information and demographics
About Griffith Holdings
Griffith Holdings, Inc. (GHI) is a holding company comprised of six privately-held high technology firms helping thousands of companies worldwide Connect Smarter™ to their markets, people, processes, and products through a customized combination of internet, marketing, software, and telecommunications services.
GHI delivers their communications services through subsidiaries and managed third-party enterprises (www.griffithholdings.com).
- GHI Internet Services is an interactive media firm specializing in website design, Internet marketing, and hosted ASP solutions serving more than 650 clients worldwide (www.ghiis.com).
- GHI Marketing Services is a senior management sales and marketing advisory firm (www.ghims.com).
- GHI Telecom Services is a telecommunications expense management firm providing voice, data, and IP networking services saving more than $19,000,000 for 4,200 clients in the past 11 years (www.ghits.com).
- GHI International Services is a technology incubator headquartered in West Africa providing leadership training, capital, and resources to indigenous entrepreneurs in developing nations as they build self- sustaining businesses (connectingafricasmarter.com).
- Real Technologies Group Limited is an African outsourcing firm delivering new media projects for North American web design and marketing partners (www.realtechgrup.com).
GHI Managed Enterprises:
- Automation Technologies Consulting is a software consulting firm specializing in object and component-based development for F100 companies in Northeast Ohio (www.automation-tech.com).
Whether clients use the internet, telephone, and/or traditional marketing services to reach their audiences, GHI's technology and communications solutions Connect their brands, people, products, and processes to their markets. Smarter.
For more information call 330.723.3136 or visit our family of web properties: